Bahawalpur is the twelve largest city in Pakistan, located in Pujab immediately south of the Sutlej River, with a splendid view of 4,250 ft long Empress Bridge over the Sutlej River. Bahawalpur was the former capital of Bahawalpur State ruled by Nawabs, part of Rajputana States. Now the buildings of Nawabs are opened for public such as Noor Mahal, Sadiq Ghar Palce and Darbar Mahal.
Another charming beauty of Bahalpur is the cholistan Desert, where the historical Derawar Fort is one of most romatic place in desert safari with hot sandy winds of the Cholistan Desert.
Bahawalpur is situated at the distance of 420 km from Lahore on National Highway - N5 through Lodhran.
Bahawalpur is a gateway of Lal Suhanra National Park with an area of 162,568 acres and considered as a largest nationals parks in the South Asia.
Main Locations in Bahawalpur
Bahawalpur Museum is located at the distance of 5 km on Medical Colony Ave Road via Railway Circular Road. It has a wonderful collection of coins, postage stamps of former State of Bahawalpur, medals, manuscripts, documents, inscriptions, camel...
Central Library of Bahawalpur is an old and important library of Pakistan in Bahawalpur, situated at the distance of 5 km on Medical Colony Ave Road via Railway Circular Road before Bahawalpur Museum. There is a huge collection of books around...
The Darbar Mahal is an historic fort located in Bahawalpur, Pakistan at the distance of 6 km from Bahawalpur Railway Station through Railway Road and turn right for Girls School Road. It is masterpiece construction in read bricks and have an...
The Mohatta Palace is located in Clifton, Karachi at the distance of 4 km from Karachi Railway Station via Hatim Alvi Road. It was built by Shivratan Chandraratan Mohatta, a Hindu Marwari businessman in 1927, as his summer home on an area of...
The Noor Mahal palace was built in 1872 like an Italian chateau on neoclassical lines. It is located at the distance of 5 km from Bahawalpur Railway Station, turn right from Railway Road to Noor Mahal Road. It belonged to the Nawab of Bahawalpur...
It is situated at the distance of 73 km from Bahawalpur in Ahmadpur East in South Punjab. Once it was at the confluence of the Indus and Chenab rivers but now that confluence has moved to Mithankot.