Wazir Khan Mosque (Punjab)
Wazir Khan mosque is one of the beautiful historical masterpiece in the wall city Lahore, is built in 1634-35 by Ilam-ud-Dinansari, known as Nawab Wazir Khan, Governor of Lahore in the reign of Emporer Shah Jahan.
The mosque was construted with small bricks with red sand stone decorating with fresco, kashi kari, tazakari and other geomatrical paaterns, floral design, calligraphy, etc.
It has four octagonal minarets of 107 feet at its four corners decorated with mosaic tiles. The main prayer chamber is divided into five compartments with squat turnip shaped domes. Outside the main prayer chamber, there is a huge inner courtyard with ablution tank. There are 32 small cells, hujras, on the three sides of the courtyard of the mosque. Outside the main gate of mosque, the outer prayer area known as Chowk Wazir Khan, is still at the original ground level.