Jahangir Tomb (Punjab)
Mughal Emperer, Jahangir, died in 1627 at the place of Rajauri coming from Kashmir to Lahore. He was buried in Bagh-e-Dil Kusha, a garden constructed by Empress Noor Jahan, at Shahdara on the bank of the River Ravi. His tomb was completed by Mughal Emperor, Shan Jahan.
The tomb is beautifully designed in square of 267 feet with four minarets at the corners and four enterance on each side. The exterior of the tomb has red stone decorated with marble decorative motifs. Its minarets having the height of 100 feet, decorated with zig zag inlay of white and yellow marble on its sides and white marble cupolas on the top. The interior of building is one of the best floral frescos delicate inlay work pictradura and splendid marble intarsia of different colours. The cenotaph has delicate and colorful pictradura with engraving of ninety nine names of Allah.
Tomb was severely damaged by Lehna Singh and Ranjit Singh by removing the marbles and decorative motifs for Golden temple at Amritsar.