It was built by Shah Jehan, Mughal Emperor, in 1641. This garden is one of the most beautiful architect of Mughal Empire. It spread on the area of 40 acres. It can be accessed by bus from Railway Station on G.T. Road.
Shalamar Garden has three terraces, Tekht, with four square design with line of fountains and big fountain tank in the centre of first and third terrace whereas second contains beautiful stake of fountains arranged in an order with a small platform in the center of the water tank and pavilions on the both sides. There are aramgah at the beginning and at the end of the terrace.