Wazir Khan Mosque Hall (Punjab)
About Wazir Khan Mosque
Wazir Khan mosque is one of the beautiful historical masterpieces in the walled city Lahore, is built in 1634-35 by Ilam-ud-Dinansari, known as Nawab Wazir Khan, Governor of Lahore in the reign of Emporer Shah Jahan.
The mosque was constructed with small bricks with red sandstone decorating with fresco, Kashi Kari, Taza Kari and other geometrical patterns, floral design, calligraphy, etc.
It has four octagonal minarets of 107 feet at its four corners decorated with mosaic tiles. The main prayer chamber is divided into five compartments with squat turnip-shaped domes. Outside the main prayer chamber, there is a huge inner courtyard with an ablution tank. There are 32 small cells, hujras, on the three sides of the courtyard of the mosque. Outside the main gate of the mosque, the outer prayer area known as Chowk Wazir Khan is still at the original ground level.
Picture Location Map