Sheikhupura - the Rice Valley (Punjab)
Sheikhupura, also called The Rice Valley, is an industrial city at the distance of 40 km from Lahore in northwest side in Punjab on the old G. T. Road. It's old name was Jahangirpura developed by Mughal Emperor Jahangir. Its name was derived from a nickname of Jahangir, who was known as Sheikhu.
Main Locations in Sheikhupura - the Rice Valley
Hiran Minar, also known as Royal hunting resort, was built by Mughal Emporer in the memory of his pet Antelope, named Mans Raj, in 1607 in Skeikhupura, also known as Jahangirpura. It is located at the distance of 5 km from Sheikhupura Railway...
Khanpur Canal, also known as Canal Upper Chenab, starts from the River Chenab at Head Marala and ends in the River Ravi. It is beautiful lake within the shades of trees, which give it a very splendid view at various locations. One of that...
Sheikhupura Fort was built in 1607 in Sheikhupura in the reign of Emporer Jahangir, designed by Sikander Moeen. It was altered in the Sikh regime and many of the decorations of buildings inside the fort has Sikh style frescoes. It was used by...
More Pictures of Sheikhupura - the Rice Valley
Clock Tower Sheikhupura
Clock Tower Sheikhupura is beautiful clock tower in square form constructed with red bricks. It is situated at Saddar Chowk on Lahore-Sargodha Road.
Hiran Minar is set in peaceful environs near Lahore in Sheikhpura. It was constructed by Emperor Jahangir as a monument to Mansiraj (lit: 'Light of...